Respondus (Assessment Tool)
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard, ANGEL, Desire2Learn, Pearson eCollege, Canvas, Moodle, and other learning systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved from one LMS to another. Whether you are a veteran of online testing or relatively new to it, Respondus will save you hours on each project.
Respondus with Learning Studio:
- Go to the password reset form and enter your NetID username.
- Check your email (possibly SPAM Folder) for a link to reset your password. This will not change your NetID login. It just creates a password to use with LearningStudio (eCollege).
- With your current exam open in Respondus, go to Start.
- Change Personality to eCollege.
- Confirm file changes. Save as a new name (I use the original file name from before and append with an -e for eCollege (ie. exam2-E).
- You should be brought to Edit tab. This is where you will need to pay close attention to the question type. If the question type is wrong prior to importing, it cannot be changed in eCollege. The only way to change a wrong question type is to delete the question and recreate it selecting the appropriate type when creating it. You can fully edit the question in Respondus but some prefer the interface in eCollege and will edit the question in eCollege.
- Go to Preview and Publish Tab.
- Select Publish to eCollege
- Click Publish Wizard
- Connect to eCollege
- Publish to a Single Course
- Add New Server from the drop down.
- No, Manual
- In "Step 3. Press extract," enter
- In "Step 4.
- Enter Credentials (Username = NetID username Password = the one you just established)
- Please check the box to remember your credentials.
- Click 'ok'.
- Select Next.
- Choose Course.
- Choose Unit.
- Your unit exam name should already be selected. Leave other settings applied
- Click Next.
- After Successful Completing, c
Did you find this article helpful?