Getting a Course or Sandbox on Canvas
Live Course Sites
This page contains instructions on how to get a Live Course Site with Roster.
Undergraduate and Graduate Courses
Academic courses using Canvas need to be coded properly in the Rutgers Course Scheduling Systems (REGIS / BANNER)Live Course Sites coded for Canvas are automatically created before the start of each semester.
- Assigned instructors will be provided access when the Live Course Site is created in Canvas
- Student rosters in each Live Course Site are synced with the student information systems daily
Course Scheduling System Requirements
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Time Sensitive RequestsYou can email email@example.com to request a Live Course Site to be set up manually. The following information must be included in the email:
- REGIS Registration Index Number or BANNER Course Reference Number
- Full Course and Section Code
- Instructor Rutgers NetID
- Are you teaching multiple sections?
- If yes, should they be separate Live Course Sites or combined into 1 Site?
Non-Credit CoursesThe Application for Noncredit Online Registration (ANCOR) is the registration system used at Rutgers ensure compliance with the university’s policies for noncredit student records and business practices.
The ANCOR integration in Canvas allows programs to create canvas course sites themselves and have enrollments synced in real time. For more information about ANCOR, please visit their website.
All other Canvas non-credit related questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you find this article helpful?