Sending Messages in Canvas
Messaging people in Canvas is not the same as sending someone a direct email. However you can set up text and email notifications for inbox messages. Instructions will be listed at the bottom of this page.
Canvas Conversations (Inbox) is the messaging tool used instead of email to communicate with a course, a group, an individual student, or a group of students. You can communicate with other people in your course at any time.
Use Conversations to:
- Send a message to someone in your course or group
- Send a message to yourself (displays in your Sent folder)
- Reply to messages from others in your course
- Filter conversations by course or type
- View and reply to assignment submission comments
- You can adjust your notification preferences to receive conversations using external channels.
Email/Text Notifications are configured in Notification Preferences
- To receive a notification right away, click the check mark icon.
- To receive a daily notification, click the clock icon.
- To receive a weekly notification, click the calendar icon. .
- If you do not want to receive a notification, click the remove icon.
Additional Resources (external links)
Did you find this article helpful?