What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is remote proctoring software that uses webcams to track student activity during test-taking and flag any suspicious activity for instructor attention. According to Verificient, the makers of Proctortrack:
Through proprietary facial recognition algorithms, the platform automates proctoring by monitoring student behavior and action for test policy compliance. Proctortrack can detect when students leave their space, search online for additional resources, look at hard notes, consult with someone, or are replaced during a test.
Proctortrack is customizable to align with an institution’s testing policies. It offers powerful analytics and its dashboard allows administrators to seamlessly investigate any pre-flagged potential test policy breaches.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
- Facial scan missing or insufficient
- ID scan missing or insufficient
- ID scan shows invalid ID
- Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
- Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them with the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
- Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
Cannot advance past the download screen
- If you receive an error saying 'waiting for details from browser', this occurs when the download page for Proctortrack is either closed or expires. To prevent this from occurring in the future when you download the software leave the tab open which helps Proctortrack to establish the connection with your browser. Proctortrack has an article which explains it.
Did you find this article helpful?