Allow Browser Cookies
This document explains where to find instructions on allow cookies in your web browser.
What cookies are?
Cookies are files created by websites you've visited. Cookies store browsing information, like your site preferences or profile information. There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies are set by the site shown in the address bar
- Third-party cookies come from other sites that have things like images embedded on the page you're visiting
Not all cookies are bad. For example, cookies help the website remember your preferred settings so it can reload them when you revisit the site next week.
Click the Three-Dot Settings Button  located on the top of the browser.
- Select Settings from the menu that shows up.
- Tap or click View Advanced Settings. You'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Press the dropdown arrow under the Cookies field.
- Select Don't Block Cookies if you want to enable them. I recommend blocking just third-party cookies.
- After picking your option, you can exit the settings panel by clicking anywhere else on the page.
Click on the Gear-Wheel Settings Button  located on the top of the browser.
Click the Chrome Settings Button [ ] located on the top of the browser.
- Select Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, select Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy and Security" section, select Content settings.
- Click Cookies.
- Disable Block third-party cookies and site data.
- Exit Setting. (It will auto-save)
Click the Firefox Settings Button  located on the top of the browser.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
- If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also not set to Never.
- Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored. Keep until:
- they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
- I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Click the Safari menu on the top of your screen.
- Select Preferences
- In the window that opens, click Privacy
- Look for the Cookies and website data heading and select Always allow
- Safari 5 through 7: Look for Block Cookies and select Never
- Close the Privacy window
Click on the "Tools" menu Opera.
- Click Preferences...
- Change to the Advanced tab, and to the cookie section.
- Select "Accept cookies only from the site I visit" or "Accept cookies/strong>".
- Ensure "Delete new cookies when exiting Opera" is not ticked.
- Click OK
Did you find this article helpful?